Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Nanowrimo

I'm still doing well -- on target with my word count. I set a goal for myself of 2,000 words a day, and today is the 7th and I'm just over 14,000, so we're all good. I front-load a little bit so that if it gets too crazy at Thanksgiving or with field trips or whatever, I don't get too behind. Sweetie kindly pointed out that I usually fall behind anyway and end up doing marathon writing sessions toward the end of the month.

Two people so far this month have said something to me like "I don't know why you do this to yourself every year." It's because I like to. It's a good motivation to write, something that I always wish I did more of. It's a challenge that not everyone can complete, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment. It's interesting to be part of an international writing community, if only for 30 days. It's cool to say that I've written two novellas (three after this year!). Anyway, I don't see it as masochistic; I really enjoy it. That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you're so friggin' productive. I'm not even going to try and disappoint myself this year.