Hi y'all. I haven't blogged about breastfeeding because there've been no issues. Zadie's still a nursing champ, and the teeth have stayed well out of the way (except once -- ow!). I never thought I'd make it this far, so I don't have a next goal, except "when she quits." So it could be a month or a year. Whatever.
Anyway, I'm writing about it again because I've sprung a leak! During 4th period or thereabouts on three days this week, I've leaked through my boobie pad, through my bra, and through my shirt. Yesterday I threw my jacket on to cover it up and kept feeling phantom wetness on my jacket. I tried nursing Zadie on that side this morning, but it barely mitigated it. I don't know what's up. Do I need to use TWO boobie pads? Is that going to start looking funny? Do I need to pump before work? What the hell, dude?
Of course, for someone with my issues, any milk is good milk. Every day it happens, I'm like "Oh, crap! Better cover my boob! Heeeeyyy... I've still got milk!" So this is not an official complaint, just a "hmph." Actually, jus tlast week I was beginning to think that I might not have to wear the boobie pads anymore since it had been so long since I leaked. Whatever.
Now lunch is almost over and I MUST have something sweet. I'm out of Milky Ways and forgot to pack myself the Trader Joe's brand chocolate cats (like Teddy Grahams), so I have nothing to satisfy my sweet tooth. Maybe I can dig up enough change for a Diet Pepsi.
Take care!
2 comments:
Okay, you are a rock star. Leaking drove me crazy but stopped after about two months ... if I were still leaking regularly, Miss P. would have been weaned a year ago. And I don't even have to leave the house if I want to; I just hated the sensation of leaking. So I am extra super impressed by your dedication (or maybe it doesn't bug you as much as it bugged me).
We have not had issues with teeth, and Penny has twelve of them. I think most babies work out pretty quickly how to nurse without biting, but then some bite just for the fun of it. Penny did some of that, but fortunately she bit shoulders and fingers, not boobs.
It is awesome that things are still going so well now that you've gone back to work.
Glad that its still flowing.
Post a Comment