Saturday, November 15, 2008

There's nursing in public, and then there's nursing in...

PUBLIC with all caps and bold and italic and jazz hands.

So I went to a pro-gay-marriage rally today, and I didn't know it, but there was a march scheduled for afterwards.

During the rally, Zadie needed a little shade and a little boob, so we settled in a shady spot on the grass sort of behind the stage area. And then the march started. The organizers directed everyone to the park's exit, somewhat to our left. But then that exit sort of backed up and people began swarming across the grass where we sat. Essentially, I was sitting on the ground breastfeeding in the middle of a thousand(?)-person parade route.

I got several smiles, and one woman leaned down, put her hand on my shoulder, and thanked me for nursing in public, because it "makes it seem normal and natural." I thought that was sweet.

Anyway, that's my surprise nursing in PUBLIC story. =) Only me, huh?

1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

I agree with that woman!