Sunday, December 28, 2008

What Not to Wear

They've discovered a new mental disorder wherein you believe you're on a reality show. I don't have it, but I do occasionally fantasize about what would happen if I were on What Not to Wear. I was thinking about fashion today a bit, and looking at pictures online of people's fashion choices, and in general, I think I know enough about fashion to know what works and what doesn't. And then I went grocery shopping dressed like a chubby cat burglar. I was wearing my new lounge outfit (black velour), and Sweetie offered me a stocking cap, as it was cold and my hair was damp.

Worst are my shoes. I wear terrible shoes. I have a LOT of shoes, and in the summertime I wear cute sandals a lot. I have cute boots, cute wedges, platforms, mules... but do I wear them? Not often. See, when I have to stand for 8 hours a day, I just don't buy that pointy heels can be comfortable. Not for 8 hours. I know they always show people going "oh, I didn't know they could be comfortable!", but that's for a few minutes in front of a mirror, not all day. So what do I wear? Oxfords. Big, chunky clunkers. And then I wear them so frequently that I just slip them on for quick trips on the weekend, too. I more or less wear something like this every day.

Anyway, I've really been slacking on my personal style with the thought that when I've lost some weight, I'll pick it back up. But I really shouldn't wait. I really should try to look my best now. At least I shouldn't go out of the house in my loungewear and a stocking cap. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wish you had "Capgras Delusion" so you could claim the nice little family you realy belong to was replaced by us.

Did you Photoshop the shoes? Just like mine except for the pink bottems and a cute buckle which replaced the Double-knotted laces.

Great reading and photos.
Love Bowsaw
I should change that to bAwsaw so I could type it with only one finger instead of two.

Anonymous said...

I had a co-worker approach me the other day and say they had just bought "Eileen shoes." And by this they meant black clunky Mary Janes. Screw fashion; I love Mary Janes! Your clunky shoes are cute.

Suzanne said...

I think those shoes are cute.