Chris Mccandless Bus 142
Originally uploaded by chriso2000
I checked out 35 copies of "Into the Wild" for my 11th graders, and apparently 9 of them liked it so much, they took it home. Now I owe $180 to the bookroom for the books that were checked out in my name. Why in my name and not the students', you ask? Well, because we only have so many to go around, so I checked out one class set to use with two classes. Thought it would help out the other teachers. Instead, I managed to lose 9 of the school's books. Frickin' kids, I swear.
6 comments:
Never quit sure what to do FOR / BECAUSE of the kids.
The books I was trying to return last week did not represent the original count. The two-thirds that got turned in means over $700 is under some students beds.
Any way to "A---", motivate them?
It's real B..S..
BowSaw62
Forgot,in my enthusiasm, to comment on the prettest 11 and a-half month old butt slapping window baby.
Love to all.
BowSaw62
What? Can you threaten the little boogers? And why so much, that book does not cost that much brand new...
Well, they're library-bound, so yeah, they probably are $20. I suspect if I just ask some of the kids, I'll get a few back. Plus they probably won't make me pay for them, but still...
Seriously. I am trying to teach Kristi's kids to respect books. Will threw a library book across the room and got sent to his room, he was shocked I cared that much about the book.
At least they are taking books-and not money, cell phones, cars, or children. It sucks that you pay the bill, but it has to make you feel good that it was a book. Have you heard of donorschoose.org? Maybe next time, you can just have them buy a set of books for you!
-mariadelasofa
Post a Comment