Later she crawled across the room and grabbed a handful of M&Ms out of a bowl before I could get to her.
And as this picture shows, she bit THROUGH the foil of this chocolate bar (which she dug out of my diaper bag) to get to the chocolate.
Other highlights of the weekend -- she has never before said rattle. She's never had one or anything. But she was CRAZY for her cousin Sophie, giving her multiple hugs around the neck. And when Sophie pointed to a plate and said "can you say 'rattle'" Zadie immediately said "rattle." (It didn't have a T so much as a glottal stop in the middle, but it sounded like rattle.)
Also, my kid's a total genius: She now recognizes frogs whether drawn, photographed, cartooned, sculpted, or magnetized. She saw a frog head on a magnet and immediately made the frog sign.
We played poker on Saturday, and as always, our hosts were super hospitable. They love Zadie and are so sweet to us and her.
On Sunday morning I had an odd yoga experience. There was a substitute I'd never met, a guy who had us lay out our mats sideways, then lit several candles around his. I was like "This is loopy!" Then he started our class, and it was a lot of balancing, which I am really good at, so I was challenged, but still feeling really successful (just the way I like it) when I heard a semblance of my name over the intercom, and I had to go rescue the crying Z from the child care center. Still, I got 40 minutes in. (I have a great offer from a friend -- Hi Alicia -- for a private yoga session, and I plan to take her up on it, but I have so much going on the next few weeks, a wedding and two baby birthday parties.)
She ate enchiladas with molé sauce tonight and really seemed to like them. Here is more evidence.
I guess that's about it. Take care, all!
2 comments:
tooooooo cute. Nothing makes me happier than seeing her love all the good things in life.
hugs and kisses auntie m
hehe - great post all around
My Thursday night yoga teacher at my gym lights candles in the room, uses a cymbel (sp?), reads a passage at the end of class, and sprays a light linen spray on a washcloth and puts it over our eyes. It's cute but crazy
The plus side is that she plays the knife, neko case, rilo kiley, and other fun stuff during class as opposed to the gregorian chants some of the other teachers play
Post a Comment