Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend so far


Post-party II
Originally uploaded by countmockula

We got up this morning, ate, cleaned, went grocery shopping, and got ready for a party. We went to childbirth class with a couple we hit it off with, and we've been out to dinner, had them over, they've had us over, etc. over the last year-and-a-bit. Their son, Liam, is five days older than Zadie, and his birthday party was today.

Zadie had lots of fun, eating almost a whole slice of pizza and an entire cupcake! She also climbed up and down the stairs and drooled on Liam's toys. She was so tired afterwards that she fell asleep in the car on the way home, but when we got home, she took her sweater off and I got this picture. Sweet, huh?

We're testing her out on regular milk, and she seems to be okay. I'm monitoring the poo, but I understand that people don't like it when mommy bloggers talk about the poo, so that's all I'll say.

I wrapped her birthday presents, and we got some presents from Auntie M in the mail today. I checked with Granny, and she's coming to the party, and I know all Zadie's Sacramento grandparents are going to be here (she's blessed with a total of 7 grandparents, but not all are local), plus her Monkeygirl and Liam's parents and Liam and her cousins (technically 2nd cousins and 2nd cousins once removed, but who cares) and great-aunt. I'm making a fishy cake (have to go to Cake Castle for colors this week).

I'm reading the third book of the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. I'm on page, like 800-something. It feels like I've been reading them forever, and they're starting to get a little preachy. I'm so ready to be done, to catch up on some magazines, and then to start another book. That doesn't even include my work reading.

I guess that's it. Take care, all. Enjoy Spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOOOOOO CUTE!!! Birthday card is in the mail although I am super sad I cannot hand deliver it. :(

BC said...

Oh, man, she is cute.

I felt the same way about His Dark Materials ... loved it at first, and then by the end of the last book I was practically skimming just trying to get it over with. I think that is when I decided I was really, truly too old for YA books.

super des said...

rI agree with you on the preachiness of His Dark Materials. I didn't like the 3rd as much as the others.