We walked to the store today and on the way there, were behind two young guys with a Blockbuster movie in hand. I put my Netflix in the mail, bought some milk at the store, and we found ourselves behind the same guys, now with a different movie and sodas, on the way home. Just before the corner of our street, they stopped to pet a cat. I was going on to Zadie about the nice boys and how the cat needs love, and then they went to the porch of the duplex on the corner. "Wait!" I shouted. "Does one of you own the "Nuke the whales" car?" The one with the fauxhawk raised his hand. His license plate holder on the front has contained a mystery for me for ages now. "What does 'Shortening the World' mean?" Apparently, it's from some show he watched about a guy claiming to go so fast, he would shorten the span of the world's existence. This guy claimed it and applied it to his driving. Thus, he goes so fast he's shortening the world. "Oh, thank you!" I said. "I thought it had something to do with Crisco, or with breeding with short people!" They likely think I'm insane.
I am probably breeding a tiny attention whore, but I can't help it; when she wants people's attention, I want them to give it to her. So when we were sitting on the lawn and an elderly neighbor came out and Zadie waved wildly and said "Hi! Hi! Hi!" I desperately wanted the neighbor to look up, but she never did. Later, another neighbor failed to hear Zadie's "Hi! Hi! Hi!" but did manage to hear her yell "Bye!" when she started to walk down the street. Finally, a third neighbor was out pruning bushes and her dog was in the yard. Zadie waved and waved and said "Hi" and made the sign for dog for so long that I finally walked over there so we could see the dog. I swear, I just can't take the rejection when she wants people's attention so badly and they don't see her.
Here is a very nice video of Zadie enjoying the swings.
And here is a very naughty video of her saying "Die! Die! Die!" and growling.
1 comment:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Now all my kids are running around yelling "DIE! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!" and laughing.
Post a Comment