The odd punctuation there is because that's a song lyric from a song that's been stuck in my head for nigh on 25 years.
Anyway, Z-girl is sick. She slept poorly last night, was tired all day, then wanted to do nothing but nurse and cuddle all afternoon and evening. Normally she asks to read books, go outdoors, watch Yo Gabba Gabba, etc. Finally, right around her bedtime, it occurred to me that she was really hot. I took her temperature and it was 102.7, which is just shy of "call the doctor." We gave her Tylenol, then, on Mom's advice, a lukewarm bath. Her temperature went down to 101.1. She still wasn't ready for me to put her to bed, so we cuddled until she fell fast asleep at nine.
I also thought I'd tell you that she's been really funny in the middle of the night. She talks in her sleep -- mostly babbles, but some words. But last night she was wide awake when she woke up at 3:30. I went in and she said "Mommy wake up." I said "Mommy woke up." She repeated "Mommy woke up." Then she went on. "Mommy naked. Mommy cute. Mommy is cute. Mommy's a woman. Booby time!" (For the record, I usually do sleep naked, but it was cold last night, so I had jammies on.)
During our cool bath tonight she played with a GI Joe. "Joe swimming. Joe splashing. Joe sit." Then she leaned over to drink the water. I offered to get her a cup of water. "Do you want some nice clean water in a cup?" "No." Sweetie then asked "Do you want to drink yucky poo-water?" "Uh huh."
Oh, I'm so tired I can't think of a conclusion. All last night as I lay with her, I would just drift off and she'd start talking again. I appreciated the flattery, though.
1 comment:
Tell me that you want me. Tell me that you need me. Bah! Now that song will be stuck in my head. Oh well. I'll just close my eyes and go to sleep...
Post a Comment