Zadie helped me decorate sugar cookies today.
We went to ArtBeast, and although we had fun, she did have one thing she HATED. We took the "early art" class, and for part of it, the teacher put out trays with shaving foam. All the other kids were having a good time putting their hands in it and playing. Zadie did not want to touch it. I put her hand out to show her it was fine, and she freaked!
After that, she didn't even want to go back to the table, although she eventually agreed to let me hold her while I drew letters in the foam.
It's been a fun weekend. We went to Fox and Goose yesterday for breakfast, then did some cleaning and grocery shopping, then had stir-fry for dinner and went to the playground. She initially was mad when another boy came to play, but then I helped him onto the airplane behind her, and the whole way home (and last night, and today...) she kept saying "We shared!"
Today we went to ArtBeast and stayed for about two hours, then we came home for a nap. Then we made our cookies. (Zadie really decorated all of them. I held the sprinkles and told her to put them on the ghosts, and she did. I did help her shake the orange sugar on, though). We got pizza from La Trattoria Bohemia for dinner (so awesome), then went to Gynagirl's and Drummergirl's place. They are always so accommodating of her, even when she's bossy ("Shoes on!"). She has a great time over there. I should really visit more often.
Finally we stopped by Sideshow Studio, where they were having a Halloween party. We said hello to our friends but didn't stay long. Then I suggested she say goodbye. One of the employees (a very nice woman named Sandra) was dressed as a sort of fancy French courtesan, or one of the women from the movie "The Duchess." It was ruffly, pink, short, and she had a pink ringletty wig on. Zadie said goodbye to Cy, then we went to Sandra and Zadie raised her eyebrows in obvious awe and half-whispered "Bye-bye, Bo Peep!"
I have two more blog posts in me this weekend, if I can get the time, one over on Count Momula (she'll be 19 months tomorrow, and I still try to update that blog once a month) and one here about consumerism. Keep an eye out, and thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment