Sunday, July 10, 2011

Anticipation is...

Tomatoes that will be ripe tomorrow.

I wanted to write about our garden, but I think I'll wait until I can add some pictures.

We've been super-social this weekend. Last night we went to Mom's house for Birthday-Anniversary-Palooza -- Boompah's and Monkeygirl's birthdays and Sweetie's and my anniversary. We had a lovely dinner with some friends from Rio Vista, a great dessert, and hours of pleasant conversation.

This morning after the farmers market we stopped by Monkeygirl's friend's house, and there we enjoyed a magazine-ready spread of girly beauty for MG's birthday brunch.

Then to Coffeeworks this afternoon to celebrate my Leafy Green friend's birthday, and finally to Mom's for our standing Sunday dinner date. By the way, Sacto folks, Star Ginger is now open on Sundays, and the Jungle Curry is GOOOODDD.

Tomorrow, Mom's taking Z to hang out for a while. Part of me wants to do one thousand things I never get to, like get a mani-pedi or a massage or sit peacefully in the hot tub at the gym without pretending to be a sea-witch. Or I could do house stuff that would be hard to do while keeping an eye on her, like re-paint the front door and shutters. Hell, even just reading a magazine or doing some errands that don't involve getting a reluctant three-year-old in and out of a carseat twenty times and packing extra underwear. But there's a pretty big part of me that just wants to take a nap, then find a shady spot and write or read. What's best for my soul?

No comments: