Thursday, July 28, 2011

You'd think we were in a different time zone

And finally adjusted today or something. Zadie woke up at 7, but I coerced her into a snuggle with Sweetie, read for a bit myself, then laid down in her bed, where I slept until we all woke up at almost 9.

We had a quiet morning with bagels, coffee, and fruit (all from different places right near one another), nipped into a bookstore, then checked out am antique store that had a lot of near stuff. sweetie fell in love with a 50's chair, and I liked it too, but we didn't get it.

We went to lunch at our usual ramen shop and discovered that we actually like the one back home better now. Then we went back for the chair. I hope we can pack everything on the way back!

Then we met everyone tomgo to the pool. Their public pool here is enormous. There are two wading pools with depths from 2 to 3 feet, a baby splash area, several sprinkler/fountain things, a sand area, diving boards and platforms, a floating obstacle course, and a giant water slide, besides the regular pool. Zadie had fun, although this wasn't what we would consider swimming weather in Sacramento.

We had Mexican for dinner, then came back to our rental. My intention was to lay down with Z long enough for her to go to sleep, but I just woke up after conking put for two hours! Now I intend to Conklin out again. Good night.

1 comment:

Count Mockula said...

Ugh, please excuse all typos.