Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday

I noticed several typos upon re-reading, but I can't seem to fix them on the iPad. So I apologize... I usually do try to keep that under control.

Zadie and grandpa
Originally uploaded by Mrs. Piggs

This morning we got some breakfast at a coffee shop. Zadie was being extremely three years old. She asked for a croissant, then refused to try it and told us that we hurt her feelings by buying it for her. SHe got better.

We got some fruit (somehow, we tend not to eat nearly as much fruit and veggies when we're visiting here, so we have to make an effort to grab some), and sat and ate it, then headed over to my SiL's house. M and I went shopping, then Grandpa came over, and Z played with her cousin for quite a while. Then she got really whiny, and I know it's because she hasn't been getting enough sleep, so I took her back to the rental for a nap. She wouldn't lay down in her room, wouldn't lay down in my room, and said she didn't want to even rest or cuddle. So she went downstairs where Sweetie and her older cousin were playing video games, apparently did a funny dance, then immediately passed out.

I woke her up at three so we could go to Cousin J's graduation party. My two sister-in-laws made the food, and they are GREAT cooks, so it was all wonderful. I've been just a touch under the weather, and I really didn't think I was hungry, but I ate a plate of food anyway, and it was delicious.

I haven't been doing much on Ancestry.com lately, but I had kind of hit a wall. But Grandpa H said he's send me a file with a bunch of information (going back to the 1700s in Iran), and I took a bunch of photos of Grandma J's family. She also let me borrow a page that lists all her family members with numbers that correlate to a book in some local library -- Cottage Grove something. I suspect Sweetie doesn't want to go there, but apparently it's only about 30 minutes away, so maybe I can get there and do some photocopying one day this week.

Zade's middle cousin (by age) was on a road trip, so we saw her for the first time today, and as always, Zadie' had a fantastic time playing with all her cousins. Then she put on a fashion show that consisted of two pairs of underpants, neither one of which was covering her nether bits, and I suggested we call it a night.

I hope you had as lovely a weekend as I did.

No comments: