Friday, December 16, 2005

I have a dream . . . of Stevie Nicks

So I mentioned to a co-worker that I was going to the staff party, and he said "Be careful. Every year, somebody gets a little out of control, and it becomes the talk of the school. They become a total outcast."

I didn't think I went home with his words ringing in my ears, but when I went to sleep, I had a dream that I went to school (not a regular school day, but a meeting or something) dressed in a flowy lace top, a flowing skirt, and a snood (I remember specifically, because I initially put the snood on upside-down and had to fix it). During the meeting, I got really hot (I imagine it's because I probably had a fever last night) and I took off the skirt to wear just the lycra bike shorts underneath. Everyone started looking at me and pointing and whispering, as though they were totally scandalized. I was pulling at the shorts, saying "Look, they're bicycle shorts! It's not like I'm naked! People wear these all the time! Come on, it's hot!"

Whatever.

No comments: