Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Just two wierd things

One: For about a week, I've found myself humming, singing, or otherwise mentally entertaining the song "Every Sperm is Sacred" from Monty Python. I couldn't figure out why. But then Sweetie was playing his football game, (which he has been doing since we got back from Eugene) and he scored (yay him) and they played the U of O fight song. And I, standing idly in the kitchen, found myself mindlessly singing "Oregon, my alma mater . . . every sperm is good. Every sperm is needed in your neighborhood." And I realized . . . Sorry babe, but the Oregon fight song and the Monty Python sperm song are now inextricably linked in my head.

Two: You know how there are names for groups of animals, like a pride of lions or a murder of crows? I heard another teacher today refer to having a "clunk of sophomores." It seemed especially fitting.

No comments: