Which means a lot of daytime TV. Here's who I'm ready to kill -- the woman who thinks Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing powder makes salsa "jazzy . . . pizazzy!" Also, the woman who juggles Tic-Tacs on her tongue and does dog tricks with them. Creepy.
Watched Batman Begins -- not too into it. I mean, it already had a mark against it in my mind because of Christian Bale, who has creeped me out since American Psycho. I suppose that's a testament to his acting ability that I can never get that character out of my head, but seriously, I just can't see him as anything but a . . . freak with tools. And he has creepy teeth. They need to be longer or something.
But then also I kind of had a hard time with suspension of disbelief. Because, you know, the other movies start right away with a superhero dressed like a bat and a villian in a great deal of makeup. So you know what the deal is right away, and can go "Okay, batdude and crazy villain." But this one was more like gritty realism, ghetto mafia-owned town, kid whose parents get killed, Chinese jail, and then "Hey, longtime butler, I'm thinking of becoming a superhero." "Right then, would you like some wheat grass juice? I believe we have an unused corner of the basement. Bat, is it? Shall we call it the Batcave, then?"
That's about it, I guess. I seem to be pretty well booked up this next week. My neck somehow got jacked up while I slept last night, so much so that I really couldn't sleep, and got up at about 5:30 and slept fitfully on the couch. I took a muscle relaxer earlier (well, about 1/4 of one), and I feel a little better. I'm still actually in a lot of pain, but I can move, which is an improvement. This was one of those things where I had to work up a strategy to get off the couch, and it took about 5 minutes. Okay, love and kisses to all.
--K
1 comment:
Ok, You know I am weird, but I think Christian Bale is HOT! Especially in American Psycho. His butt rocks!
Post a Comment