Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Shhh & Cash

Shhh... Don't tell. *I got a master key.* It's not that big a deal -- almost every teacher I know has a master key, but everyone has to pretend like no one has one. Anyway, it's going to make the next month of getting in to the auditorium a lot more convenient. But I feel a little like I have a magic wand right now -- like, does it open this door? It does!

I am kind of bummed out today, but sweetie bought me a book (thanks, sweetie!) and I listened to Johnny Cash, which is more of a wallow-in-it kind of thing than an upper, but whatever works. Anyway, what I was listening to was American V, which was his last album. It doesn't have the cool covers that American IV has, and it sounds a lot more like "goodbye." I like it all right, but I love one song on it, "God's Gonna Cut You Down." It's actually a traditional arrangement, and I first heard it when Moby did a version, but there's something about it I just love. It's got an interesting pattern of handclaps and stomps, a kind of mesmerizing repetition, and Johnny Cash's voice above it all... Great song. I listened to it twice today.

No comments: