Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's day ups and downs

Well, I'll start with the good -- I had a scone for breakfast (mmm), got to spend some time with my sweetie, made waffles for dinner, went to ballet, got a very sweet handmade card and two books (!) for V-day from sweetie and a nice card and two pairs of purple socks (I wear a LOT of purple) from Mom and Boompah.

The bad was that I'm crazy busy at work, I had to report my first apparent homicidal plot (for reals), forgot my lunch and had to eat vending machine trail mix, had to give out the (very bad) grades in 6th period for the honors kids, got a new student who had a "personality conflict" with his last English teacher, discovered that there's a rumor that the honors kids only have to do ONE big paper instead of two (which is patently wrong), was confronted by a student trying to convince me he deserved a better grade (we went back and forth for about 20 minutes, but I wasn't budging), and was confronted by two students who wanted to know who had ratted out the alleged murder-plotter.

Yeah, so pretty sucky, despite my festive red heart socks. I'm chilling out now with a glass of port. I'm glad that my home life, which is pretty much always happy, is the last half of the day so I can recover from the first.

3 comments:

super des said...

I love that home life is the second half too. For both of us.

Anonymous said...

it is so hard dealing with more than 10 different "personalities" in one 8 hour period. i'm sorry you had to deal with the "realities" of student life. i know that i would have the gun in mouth blues if i didn't have a "sweet" homelife-well that's what my therapist says. stay strong-you are doing an amazing and noble thing-don't ever forget that!

Alex Elliot said...

Wow! A murder plot? I can't imagine how I would handle that. And then on top of it to get the kid who had a personality conflict with his last teacher? I don't think I could take that seriously after dealing with the murder plot. Teachers really amaze me! You don't have your email address listed or else I would have just emailed you, but I just wrote a post about breast reductions that I thought you might be interested in.