Sunday, February 04, 2007

Two people who momentarily scared the shit our of me

for no good reason.

And later I'll do the people-watching.

The other day, I stayed a little late at work, and a 50ish guy in an army jacket came into my room and started approaching my desk. "Is this the ROTC room?" he asked. "No, they're the next building over." I replied. He continued approaching me and said "I guess I got by them, then."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then he took out my garbage and came back and swept. But can you see how it made my heart stop for a second?

Also, last night Monkeygirl and I went to a movie downtown. Now, I love downtown and have always felt comfortable there, but there ARE some sketchy characters. So as we approach the Crest theater, there's a tall bearded guy standing in the shadows off to the side who says "Are you going to a movie?" We say yes. He says "Are you paying cash?" We say yes. He says "You'll need to come around to the courtyard, then." The darkened courtyard with poor visibility off to the side of the theater! Monkeygirl says okay, and starts to go to the courtyard. I go "Hell no!" and start walking towards the better-lit part of the entrance.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then she points out that he's wearing a "Crest" shirt, and I say "Oh! I'm sorry, I thought you were creepy!"

1 comment:

super des said...

Maybe you should have maced both of them.