I forgot to mention my funny 6th period class yesterday. First, the students were whining that they couldn't read the overhead, so I read it from the back of the room with my glasses off.
Then I asked a student whether he smoked. He said no. I asked whether his parents did. He asked why. I said his binder paper smelled like smoke. He said they did.
And for my next trick, when there was apparently no noise in the room, I said "whose phone is that?" About half the kids looked around, puzzled, but one kid said sheepishly "Mine. Sorry." It was a mosquito ringtone, a high-frequency tone that those of us over about 24 can't usually hear. See if you can hear them. I admit, I can't hear the highest one, but I can hear the 17 Khz, which is I think what the kid had.
Then I said that my senses were so good, I was like Superman. One of the girl's said "Batman's better." I replied "Have you been hanging out with T's (a friend of hers) brother?" Her face dropped, and she looked at T and said "How did she know?"
(That one was lucky -- I had T's brother a few years ago, and he was a huge Batman aficionado.)
1 comment:
Wow, I'm the opposite of you. I still have my super smell power, but 1) I need new glasses 2)I couldn't hear the 17khz tone (Jay could).
Post a Comment