I think he was surprised, but pleased, with the (okay, selfish) gift. He made a practice piece, bought more glass, and started working on the koi. He brought the finished product over a couple weeks ago, and it was insanely beautiful! But tragedy struck! Okay, near-tragedy. It had been hanging for only a couple hours, when Mom came by and I said "Go look in Zadie's room!" WHen her reaction was "oh no!" I knew something was wrong. The outside frame had bent a little, and it looked like it would go further, maybe even dropping (and, god forbid, breaking). We took it down immediately and I called Dad.
Yesterday he brought it back, this time with a frame to help distribute the weight. I couldn't get a photo that does it justice, because with the flash off, the pics are blurry, and with the flash on, you can't see the effect of the light. Still, here it is. Isn't it incredible?
On to the sad loss -- I am hating myself over this. Ugh. I asked Mom to bring the baby to school the week before it started so we could get my room ready. When we left, I picked up the baby and the diaper bag and put her quilt, the one I made, the one I spent HOURS on, the one made from her dad's and my favorite shirts, the one I was hoping would be her favorite security blanket as she grew up, yeah, THAT one, into the diaper bag. But see, the bag was really full, so I put the quilt on top of it and then grabbed my tote bag. So, baby, tote bag, diaper bag, blanket... then I walked all the way across campus to the parking lot where my car was. I didn't notice until later that the quilt wasn't there. I sent out an email at work about it, but no one responded. I guess it's gone for good. I'm sad.
And finally, on a lighter note, I have decided to add a feature to the blog! Every time I go to the Save-Mart, I shall share with my readers what forgettable easy-listening tune they have dredged up from the depths to play while I shop for dry goods. Saturday it was Jewel's "You Were Meant For Me." Today it was "Sunset Grill."
5 comments:
That sucks about the quilt. The glass is gorgeous, though.
I am so sorry about the quilt. The stained glass turned out amazing!!! I love it.
The stained glass is beautiful. If your dad goes into business doing those, I'll buy one.
I am so sorry about your quilt. I recently lost my phone and with it many irreplaceable baby photos, but I think the loss of the quilt is worse. :-(
Katherine
Well, I don't mean to sound like a copy cat, but sucks = quilt, yay = glass.
I'M SO SAD FOR YOU ABOUT THE QUILT, BUT DON'T LOSE HOPE YOU NEVER KNOW.
Post a Comment