Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey, look, it's

Blog for Choice Day. Apparently this year's theme is "What is your top pro-choice hope for President Obama and/or the new Congress?" My hope is that they can overturn theright of conscience rule that Bush implemented as he was leaving office. It's hard enough for women to exercise their freedom of choice already. Don't make it harder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe you got your wish!
Check the news tonight, for the action he did take today.
Bowsaw62

SUEB0B said...

Well, they got the gag order overturned. One down.

Count Mockula said...

Thanks Dad -- I'm happy about this one, too. The gag order was on any international agency getting funds from the US -- they weren't allowed to so much as mention abortion in order to keep getting US funds.

The one I wrote about is a rule saying that any health care provider can refuse to perform any service they find religious objection to. For example, a pharmacist can refuse to provide birth control to a woman who has a prescription for it.

Suzanne said...

That same day, a story ran about how a nurse in Arizona (? maybe NM?) has been removing IUDs from women who come in for other exams without their permission. I was hoping that he'd overturn it quickly, too. There's so much to do it scares me.