Friday, January 16, 2009

Stuff and nonsense

Hi all!

I finished administering the big-time scary assessments today. There's just no way to know how they'll go until we get the moderated scores back in July. Now on to the stress of the next assessments in May. Incidentally, because we don't have two rooms so that the students can prepare in one and test in another, I have to just sit outside for fifteen minutes while the kids prepare. So I took a chair and sat in the hall. I think that every single person who walked by in the last two days asked me whether I was in trouble, then chuckled jovially. I smiled and laughed every time. I'm like that.

My birthday week continues! Monkeygirl was nice enough to make me cupcakes and invite me over last night. They were beautiful, by the way, with shiny purple sparkly sugar on top. They were also delicious! She sent me home with some, and I have to practice moderation and not eat them all at once. Tomorrow is, I think, the end of birthday week. We're going to one of my favorite restaurants, Mustard's in Napa, and I'm excited! Oh, soft white corn tamales...

We've been watching Rome, which is a frickin' awesome series. It's so engaging. If you're not ooked out by a little violence, I highly recommend it. We just finished season one and are going to start season two probably on Monday. Yay for days off! (Oh, and Kevin McKidd, who plays Lucius Vorenus, is hot like Daniel Craig, which doesn't hurt.)

I am currently obsessed with peanut butter mochi. A friend in Chicago asked if I'd send her some from a place here in Sac, Osaka-ya. She also told me to pick up some for myself. Well I did, and it's wonderful! It's like the gooey rice dough on the outside of mochi ice cream but with delicious peanut butter inside. It's also in radiation-blue. I went back for more. Here is what it looks like:
IMG_2609

I was feeling frumpy and got some birthday money (thanks, Bowsaw!), so I bought several new pairs of shoes and a few items of clothing from Target.com. I'm hoping they all fit, but one never knows. If they don't, I think they have an okay return policy. Here's what I got:

Pink shoes
Pink dress
Purple wedges
Leopard flats
Flowery flats
Greeny dress
Plum sweater dress
Green sweater


New baby info: She now makes a kissy face. Also, she is a mean, mean nipple biter.

No comments: