Friday, January 09, 2009

Well, that's one stressor down

Poetry Out Loud is over at last. Every year I organize this thing, and every year I panic that it's going to be a tremendous failure. But it was a good year. We had 18 scheduled to perform and about 15 actually perform. In the down time when we were tabulating and such, poetry club members recited poems or read original poetry. The audience was respectful. The performers were uniformly of a high caliber. And a student from my small learning community won! Whee!

Now I have to get the winner ready for the county competition. I have to get parent signature forms, a photo, and some other stuff sent to the county. I hope it can all get done by the deadline, which is about a week away.

My next big stressor is the internal assessments for IB. My honors kids have to record a commentary on a piece of text, and we're spending all day next Thursday and Friday doing it. We've been working very hard and will continue to do so for the beginning of next week, but I'm ready to just be done with it.

Fun stuff is happening, too. I have plans with friends tomorrow, then family birthday plans on Sunday, then birthday dinner plans with my dad on Tuesday, then birthday dinner plans with Sweetie, Monkeygirl, and Monkeyboy (I'll have to work on a better nickname for him) next Saturday. You like how I can stretch out a birthday?

1 comment:

Monkey Girl Crafts said...

Manatee. Tis what I call him. Looking forward to it, I am bummed to miss Veronica Mars manana, already promised manatee I would help him unpack his new office.