Thursday, January 01, 2009

Standing!


Standing!
Originally uploaded by countmockula
She's been standing for brief periods since Christmas Eve, but we haven't been able to catch it on camera until now. But there it is ! So far, she seems to prefer standing on the couch to the floor, but whatever works for her, you know?

She also sometimes stands and bounces for a few seconds. I love the butt bounce.

Okay, off to New Year's Day stuff soon, first to Grandma and Boompah, then to pick up a can of pea soup, then to Granny's. (My aunt isn't up to making pea soup this year, and she always makes some vegetarian for me. Grandma is making it instead, and she only made it with ham, so I have to bring my own if I want to participate in the lucky pea soup eating, which is very important. I always partake of the soup, and I always have a good year.)

I love Freecycle. I put several items that Zadie's outgrown (like the swing, the Boppy, and the vibro-chair) on the site yesterday, and someone will be here in an hour or two to pick them up! I'm trying hard to be unsentimental about these items, and I think I'm doing okay. I really don't think she'll need them anymore -- we haven't used them in over a month. And I still have all her newborn clothes to be sentimental about. My big girl is growing up!

4 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Hey, I ate at Gonul's on J Street and they have some good veg options. Nice people, very friendly, great food, and reasonable. Nice outdoor street seating for the hot weather too...

http://www.jstreetcafe.com/

Count Mockula said...

I'm not crazy about Gonul's. Service is spotty, desserts are terrible, breakfast is insanely slow... I've pretty much been there my last time, I think.

Count Mockula said...

I'm glad you had a good meal there, though!

BC said...

We have some stuff to freecycle but I've been worried about the flake factor. I hate inviting someone's drama into my life just to get rid of a sofa, which is what seems to happen every time we have a yard sale. Maybe I need to specify that the sofa is free, but if I have to listen to your drama about your boyfriend and his truck, it is $20.

I am laughing at your list, though, because I have tried to get rid of all of those things and failed. The first bouncy seat is in the basement because it became unsafe when she could flip it over, but we had a second one that is a rocking chair, and when I had it all packed up to give away she suddenly decided it was the most awesome chair ever and she uses it all the time. The swing was ready to go, but she decided it was fun to play in, and at her own request she has taken two three-hour naps there in the last week. The boppy we still use every day and I think she will probably take it to college.