Saturday, January 17, 2009

YUM!

I told Sweetie many weeks ago that what I really wanted for my birthday was a trip to Mustard's for dinner. He's super-rad, so he also spoiled me with books, but we did go for dinner tonight. Monkeygirl and the Manatee picked us up this afternoon and we drove to Napa (actually, it's more like St. Helena, I think) and got there before our reservation time, but they were able to seat us immediately. The service was really good, and the food! Mmh! We started out with their sweet corn tamales with mushrooms, pumpkin seeds, and a cilantro sauce and an order of onion rings. We also all had cocktails -- I ordered a "Dark and Stormy," which was rum, ginger beer, and lime. My entree was a mushroom and spinach burger. It was delicious. Sweetie had duck, Monkeygirl tried lamb, and Manatee tried the "Trucker Deluxe," described as always meat, sometimes potatoes, rarely vegetables.

Dinner was delicious, and we indulged in dessert, too! I was tempted by the chocolate pistachio tart with pistachio ice cream, but I love a good creme brulee, too. Sweetie convinced me to get the brulee, but then ordered the tart for himself and gave me a huge chunk of it! Best of both worlds!

Now the baby is asleep, I'm warm and comfy, and I have two days left in the weekend! Hurrah! My birthday indulgence is now officially over. What a nice way to turn 33.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Birthweek.
Congratulations!
Tell CountMomula "Happy Birthday!"
Bowsaw62

Alex Elliot said...

How did I miss your birthday on Facebook?! Happy birthday!

Monkey Girl Crafts said...

It was wonderful thanks for having manatee and I along. :-)