Monday, March 23, 2009

OMG!


IMG_2799
Originally uploaded by countmockula

Well, I had been having Z nurse on both sides before work, and the not-pumping had been going fine. Until today. I failed to have her nurse on both sides, and now I can't take off my sweater, because I have one giant hard boob with a big wet spot on my t-shirt. Good times.

I also forgot my purse today, so two of the errands I wanted to run after school are out. I need cake frosting color and I have a skirt that was altered that I need to pick up.

Anything else interesting? I'm taking the day after Z's birthday off for her 1 year checkup. Presumably the doctor will notice how amazing, smart, strong and healthy she is.

This is spirit week, and I'm excited to dress up. I have a new hat that's perfect for crazy dress day. I think I'll wear my wacky orange stewardess outfit with it. And Wednesday is "twins" day, so the other teacher for whom I am frequently mistaken and I are dressing identically. We happen to have the same boots and skirt! Great minds shop alike, apparently.

It's sunny but cold today. I tried to get some sun at lunch, but was freezing. Luckily, there was magic chocolate in my bag! It must have dropped out of a previous lunch I packed! I had a delightful .17 oz serving of Scharffen Berger chocolate.

Oh, that reminds me. Weight Watchers is sucking right now. In the three weeks I've been sticking to it super-carefully, I've lost exactly 1 1/2 pounds (it may be a little more than that, but not according to the scale this morning). I've added in workouts -- in fact, I've gone to the gym ten times already this month. I've cut down on snacking. I have been practicing good portion control. I don't know what's up! Is it my stupid post-30 metabolism? Last time I was really into WW, I lost 40 pounds in about 6 months, and my average at the beginning was like 4 pounds a week (afterward it slowed down to about 2 pounds a week). Is this just stubborn fat? Am I doing something wrong? Is it that medication (many people have trouble losing weight on it, but that's because it's an appetite stimulant, so it makes you EAT MORE, and I've been really careful with what I eat)? Anyway, I'm just feeling pissy about it right now, because my goal is to be in my normal Summer wardrobe by May. And those are my pre-baby fat clothes, not my when-I-was-a-size-8 clothes.

Okay, I'm fooling around while my kids write a practice essay. I'd better do some real work. Take care,
CM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"stupid post-30 metabolism"

It gets worse at 40 and even more worse at 50! Ack!

TNWINEB

Anonymous said...

well, you know.......if you want to start walking in the evenings and want a walking buddy..........I'm right there with you, I worked out RELIGIOUSLY on my Wii for two months and GAINED A POUND. I'm beginning to grudgingly think there may be something to cutting out white flour and sugar, which I'm not really sure I could ever do.

Count Mockula said...

But... but white flour and sugar are what cookies are made of!

Neighbor: We saw a hideous crash, the aftermath of which was on your lawn the other day!

C Lo: What time is evening to you?

Anonymous said...

It definately gets worse once you hit 40. It seems like the minute I turned 40-everything I put in my mouth went to my waiste line. SOOOO sorry.

Loves m

ps I am still looking to see if I can find a cheap last minute flight down this weekend. :( no luck so far.