Okay, so I think Daniel Shore (NPR commentator guy) sounds pretty much exactly like Andre the Giant. Sweetie disagrees, but I wish he could have heard the radio this morning. Shore was talking about Condoleeza Rice and said something about her "charm." It could hace been a clip from "The Princess Bride," when Andre the Giant says "he's very very short on CHAAAAAAM." It was dead-on, dude.
We watched "Trekkies" and "Trekkies 2" last night. It was scary, but really the worst part is that there was a section in the second one set in Sacramento! I had heard they were here shooting footage of Warp 11 (a band we've played with) and No Kill I (a band that not only have I seen live years ago, but who I know a couple members of very casually, including the Archbishop Dave Smith). I was prepared for that, I guess, but what I was not prepared for was the revelation that there were three other Star Trek tribute bands in the area -- NKI the Next Generation, NKI Babylon 5 and a Klingon band (the name of which I do not remember). Geez, talk about a glut. That would be like having five cross-dressing Blondie cover bands in one town, wouldn't it? It's so very specific.
The Swiffer, which I was so excited about just a few months ago, has lost its CHAAAAM. I have one tile floor and one linoleum floor, and for the Swiffer to work, it would appear that you need perfect smoothness, like maybe a glass floor. I find myself Swiffering (with the wet Swiffer), but stopping every ten second or so to crouch down with a scrubber and go at some spot. What a pain in the ass. I'm going to keep the Swiffer for when I get laminate floors (I'm practically counting down), but I need to go get another real mop head for my old mop. You just can't apply any pressure with the Swiffer. Bummer.
I'm almost positive I had some other stuff to blather on about, but I can't remember what it was now. Ooh, I got some new clothes today! I went to Old Navy and got a raincoat (I needed a lighter-weight one than my wool toggle coat, which I love), a blazer (I didn't set out to get one, but I can't stay away from green or houndstooth, and this was both) and a top that was on sale. Oh yeah, and I totally saw someone smoking pot in the car next to me today. Naturally I stayed away from them. There's a time and a place, people. Man, I'm hungry. I've been trying to save up Weight Watchers points, but you just can't fill yourself up on salad, no matter how much of it you eat. And I ate a lot, trust me. Okay, I'm gone. --CM
No comments:
Post a Comment