Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Not much to say, but ouch

Whew! The day after capoeira is brutal! Damn near as brutal as the day after my first ballet class a few years ago (I returned to ballet after an eight-year absence, but had done it previously for about fourteen years). Like, it hurts to get up and sit down because of the strain on my leg muscles, and my feet hurt pretty badly, especially on the toes, where I have blisters. (And to think that I chuckled inwardly at the guy last night who, before class, mentioned that he'd gotten several blisters from last week's classes. I thought I couldn't get any more blisters than I already had from ballet. How wrong I was.) Anyway, I also have a muscle or tendon or something in my left calf that feels strangely short. I think ballet tonight is going to be a killer. I should have probably done some post-class stretching/cool-down stuff, but that didn't seem to be in vouge, so I skipped it. I won't next time. And as of right now (despite the lack of commentary!) I'm thinking I probably will sign up. Next class is Thursday . . . We'll see, as I also have a staff meeting that day until 3:45. Doesn't give me much time. Hmm. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!! IF ANYONE CAN DO IT YOU CAN!! M-YOUR FRIEND UP NORTH.