On Friday we went to Celestin's, and when we walked in, I was thinking "Hmm, we come here pretty often, and although the owner is cordial, he's never really friendly, and never seems to remember us." We ate our dinner, and the server came back when we were finished and said "Colin would like to offer you a dessert." I eagerly agreed to a slab of chocolate cake, and when she left, I said "Wasn't that nice?" Piggs said "They always ask us if we want dessert." That led to some confusion, because I thought we were being offered a comp, whereas he thought it was just the usual "would you care for dessert?" Anyway, when we got the bill I asked him to check, and in fact, they had given it to us free. I told Piggs as we walked away that I guess I was wrong in my earlier thoughts, and he agreed that he'd sometimes wondered why they never remember us. I guess I take it back.
We end up at Malouf's, the Lebanese place, for dinner very nearly once a week. They always remember us, talk to us, call Piggs "Boss" or "Chief," and joke and talk with us. It's a great place with nice people. But I noticed on a couple occasions that there are a lot of biracial couples that go there. In fact, almost every time we go there are at least two other couples of mixed ethnicity, sometimes more. I wondered why, and it would make sense if it was all middle-eastern couples, but it's often various other ethnicities, too. Then I remembered that we kind of qualify, too (I hardly ever think about it, but I suppose we count). Anyway, I certainly see mixed-ethnicity couples elsewhere, but really a lot at Maloufs. Hmph.
We had sushi last night, and the new guy, Dan, talked to us more than he did last week. He's pretty cool, and we all had a good time laughing at Terminator 2. Eh, that's about it. I rented movies (yay!), so I'm going to watch one tonight and one tomorrow. Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment