Thursday, February 03, 2005

Knee blowout!

Yikes, I hurt my knee last night. Not one of those injuries where I'll be able, when I'm 70, to tell when thunder's a-comin', but enough to annoy me for a day or so. I was in ballet last night and I got all the way through stretch class, then we started the regular class. We began with plies and stretches, and no problem. Then we did more plies and it began to twinge, but I compensated for it by shifting all my weight onto my right leg. The teacher noticed, and knew I was sore, so told me I could do demi-plies if I wanted. I did. Then we did tendus with plies (meaning all the weight is on one leg), and when it was time to do them on my left leg, it just wasn't working anymore. I couldn't do the plies on my left leg. She came over and told me to ice it and go home (very politely, though). I tried one last ditch effort, and even now I don't know whether it was a joke or a desperate plea to stay: "It can do everything but bend." Everything but bend? I guess that's, what, be straight? Duh. Anyway, I went home and it hurt last night, but it's better the more I walk on it today. Still, it's a little stiff, though. No capoeira tonight, partly because of the knee, and partly because I have a dentist's appointment and my sweetie promised to make dinner with Tofurky sausage. Mmm.

No comments: