Saturday, February 26, 2005

Domestic trivia

Yeah, no ground-shattering news here. Drama club is officially down to 8 members, which means we'll be performing "assorted scenes" rather than a whole play.

My mom's in Boone, Iowa, and so far the best part of her trip is that she's going to come back with some stories to tell. She was horrifying me with tales of the local cuisine.

I got quite a bit done today -- prepped a wall for painting (this one really needed it, too -- it's next to the fireplace, so had a lot of soot, and also had about 20 nail holes and various cracks), and taped it off. Then Dad came by and installed a garbage disposal for me while I occasionally handed him things, pressed on things, scraped putty off things, held things up, turned things, offered to measure things, and helpfully pointed out that the joint was leaking. I also offered to do "Step 13: Apply decal in a prominent place" but then I couldn't find the decal. Then I went to the gym, where I did 40 minutes on the stationary bike and about 6 or 8 arm things (lat pull-downs, sholder presses, arm curls, and other things that I don't know the names uf but that generally targeted the upped arms and shoulders). Then I got briefly into the spa. I thought I might run into Boompah at the gym, as it was his day off and it was the afternoon, but I didn't.

We went to sushi tonight and I ate more than usual (Merry Roll, Inari, and half a Jungle Roll) and had a Lemon Drop. I figure their bar has been open for a couple months now, the least I can do is try a drink. It was lovely.

I saw a Mariachi band on my way to the gym. They were at a used tire place on Stockton. I was sitting at a light and wondering why the employees of the tire shop were all wearing ivory uniforms with tight pants and jackets, when I realized what was really up. It appeared that they needed a new tire for their Mariachi Van.

Not a heck of a lot else is going on. Sweetie has to work tomorrow, which he is bummed about, and I'm bummed too, partly for him, and partly because with my mom out of town, we might have been able to spend a little extra time together (Sunday's Mom day). Oh well, I'll have band practice, paint a wall, and go to the gym, so it's not like I won't be busy.

Usually I don't bug my dad about quitting smoking, I figure it's a bit of a lost cause since I've been trying for like 25 years, but today I nagged him a bit. We had a Piggs family scare, and it made me think about how pissed I'd be if my own dad didn't get to be around to help my kids with math (obviously, neither Piggs nor I can handle this area). So I laid into him a little bit about it. What good it'll do, I don't know, but it's worth a shot, I suppose. What if this time it worked?

Okay, all for now. Take care, and I'll update again when I have something to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wat abut us? Wee ar dumestik stuf...

http://lankee.blogspot.com/