Saturday, September 16, 2006

I was a DUDE today!

But still a total girly-girl.

I worked on my bike, changing a tire and stuff... the stuff included putting on pink "laser" streamers and a license plate with my name on it. I also cleaned up the basket and tightened the bell.

I cleaned out the garage and jury-rigged the garage door opener... but not very well, because now you have to have the light on to open the garage door.

I mowed the lawn... with a push mower. I still can't start a gas engine.

I was going to barbecue... veggie burgers with bleu cheese.

Incidentally, I didn't barbecue because I can't find any matches in the whole place. I have no idea what happened to the contents of our "junk drawer" at the old place which had handy shit like matches in it.

Anyway, that was the day. Tomorrow I do the AIDS walk. I still have a bunch of papers to grade and laundry to fold. If I really get my shit together, I'll clean up all the papers on my desk, too. There are stacks of mail I haven't dealt with yet -- mostly stuff I simply have to file, not actually respond to, but it's accumulating faster than I have been able to deal with it.

Ah well. I Freecycled some stuff today and I got rid of our moving boxes and a wine rack thing, but still have no interest in the abandoned sofa bed or the "household items" that might just end up in the trash. The previous owners just left stuff everywhere. It's like "Hey, thanks for the two half-empty bottles of Woolite and the big chrome eagle flag holder. Yeah, I could really use your old mop, too!" Oh well. We're still getting there. My other goal for today (although I don't know whether it'll happen or not) is to get more of our art hung up.

I did ride my new flashy bike to the store for dinner stuff. Yay bike riding! Yay living close to decent stores! Yay having cleaned up the house! Yay for listening to the Beatles all day, even though it's only because Sweetie's at work, which is sad.

Sigh, gotta go do alternate cooking of the veggie burgers.

Oh, wait -- funny note from last night: We walked down the street to Three Sisters, a sort-of Mexican restaurant (more "California" than their other place, Tres Hermanas). We had a nice dinner there (and for a moment, suspected a scandal! I saw one of my old English professors walk in a few moments after the Dean of the English department! Were they having a secret, torrid affair? But then another English professor walked in and I figured it was a meeting. Or a menage a trois, I guess. Longest. Parenthetical. Ever.), then walked another block and parted ways. Sweetie needed something from Trader Joe's and I needed something from the drugstore across the street. Well, I noticed they had Halloween candy, and since this is the only time of year they sell Milky Way Midnights in "fun-size," I bought a bag. Sweetie, when we met again, induced me to look in his bag, because he had bought two kinds of ice cream: "Chocolate AND coffee, so you can mix them together and have mocha!" I then showed him my purchase, and he said "Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one with no self control."

Okay, now I'm really done. Bye!

2 comments:

super des said...

Yay for veggie burgers! and Yay for the AIDS Walk! (I've done San Francisco 3 times and NY once.) Yay for chocolate!

All in all, a good, productive day. Kudos!

Suzanne said...

Mmmm... Tres hermanas is delicious. I am craving some yummy mexican food now. Some day I will come back to visit you in Sac, and I hope we will go there again.