Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm cranky


Windshield Cracked
Originally uploaded by pulpolux.
Yeah, I've had a sore throat for 3 days -- the kind where I could drink the ocean out of a never-ending drinking horn like fricking Odin and my throat would still feel dry. It's been keeping me up at night. Last night I went to bed early and slept a little better but had disturbing dreams.

Plus, on Wednesday I was invited to a party at a co-worker's house -- a retro cocktail party. Right up my alley, right? It's Saturday night, which is Gynagirl's birthday, but Gynagirl's in Europe, so I don't think twice about accepting. Plus, I'm always bitching about the lack of camaraderie, so when someone from work reaches out, I figure I'd better accept. Well, later that day I hear that Gynagirl has come home early and they're planning a birthday party on Saturday. Well, etiquette would clearly indicate that I have to decline the 2nd invitation. But my years-long dear friendship with Gynagirl makes that a difficult choice. Of course, I had to flake on the girls at work the last time they invited me (last spring), so that makes flaking on them less appealing. So I'm already stuck feeling like an asshole pretty much either way, and I ask Drummergirl what I should do, and I got the reply "Well it IS Gynagirl's BIRTHDAY." So now I feel like even more of an asshole. I was supposed to call Gynagirl last night, but I've been feeling so tired and sick that I pretty much ate dinner, went to mom's house to check on it, and came home and went to bed. As much as I missed her and want to talk to her, I have to admit I'm not looking forward to a call like "Hey, I missed you so much! How are you?! Gonna have to miss out on your birthday..."

And then I got in the car for work this morning and my windshield is cracked. Can I hold off on replacing it until we've sold the old house and are feeling better money-wise? Who knows... Tune in for the next episode of never-ending drama.

4 comments:

gl. said...

can you do both? go early to cocktails, stay late with gynagirl. :)

super des said...

Go to cocktais, then take Gynagirl out for the best time ever. Sure, it son't be ON her bday, but you'll just do her the favor of extending the fun.

gynagirl said...

Hey, don't worry about it. We can have coffee sometime soon & then I can tell you all of my old nekked German people at the beach stories. Seriously, I'm not doing anything anytime soon.

Suzanne said...

Holy crap! What is Gynagirl doing back early? So confused...