My grandma's crazy, and I love it!
She calls me yesterday and says "You like hats."
I say yes. It's not really a question, but that's her way. So she tells me that this friend of hers (to whom she gives pie when her live-in lover doesn't like it) has a lot of hats. And bags. And "big shoes;" if I know anyone with big feet, I should let them know. "Oh, what size are they?" They're 8 1/2. I'm a 9 1/2 or 10. Thanks, Grandma.
So how did he come across all this stuff and why is he getting rid of it? Well, it turns out that he was in a relationship with a woman who had a shopping problem, and he went to the trouble of building another room on the back of the house for her stuff. Well, they broke up (apparently amicably) and he introduced her to a new fellow. This fellow sold his house and they bought a mobile home together. Well, one day grandma's friend got a call from the woman wondering whether he had heard from the new boyfriend. No, he hadn't. Apparently the guy DROVE OFF with their home... So she tracks him down to L.A. and shoots him twice, once in the face. He lives. She's in jail.
Anyway, so now he has all this stuff to get rid of. My thing is actually vintage, not just people's wierd 80s cast-offs, but Grandma really seemed to want me to go, and Grandma often gets what she wants. I ended up taking several scarves, a bag, a couple pieces of costume jewelery, some vintage stockings in the packaging (I don't know if I'll wear them, but the packaging is cool), and a bunch of goofy sunglasses in the style that one of my students is ga-ga for. I can't wait to give them to her tomorrow.
Anyway, it was worth it for a good story, if nothing else.
2 comments:
Accessories are fun.
What a crazy story. I know I am not supposed to love that the woman shot the guy twice in the face, but I did. The fucker deserved it.
Post a Comment