Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oh geez

What a day. I was wearing a nice white button-down shirt and spilled voluminous amounts of coffee on it. So, since my room is locked and I'm wearing an undershirt anyway, I take my shirt off and try to wash out the coffee. I mostly get it out, but the shirt is soaking. So I dry it briefly in the microwave, but I have to go to my meeting! I put the damp shirt back on and attend my meeting. Afterwards, I make a quick potty stop, and for reasons that delicacy prevents me from disclosing, I find that I have to make an emergency run to Rite-Aid*, then back to the bathroom where I wad my underpants into a paper towel and shove them in my purse. So now I'm freeballing, which is fine. I've done it before. But today I am wearing a knee-length full pleated skirt and it is WINDY AS FUCK. I was sure all day that all my co-workers and about 1,500 teenagers were about to be treated to a shot of my naked snatch. Anywhere I walked today, I did so with huge handfuls of skirt wadded up in my fists. Nice.

*Incidentally, I am normally better-prepared for this sort of emergency, but having just withstood a practically Guinness record-worthy eighteen days of undisclosed reasons, I thought I had another day or two free.

3 comments:

super des said...

That's a hilarious story, only because it didn't happen to me. However, I did drop an open sharpee on my shirt today and tried vigorously removing big turquoise spots from my purple shirt.

And 18 days!?!?!?
Holy monkeys.

SUEB0B said...

Check my story today of clothing ruination. Must be in the stars.

Suzanne said...

Damn I love you.