Monday, September 11, 2006

Mysterious asterisk

I realized after re-reading yesterday's post that I had left an asterisk hanging. To wit; "I need air in my bike tires*..."

Anyway, what I was going to say about that was that A: Mom had indeed offered me use of her air compressor before. In fact, it lived at my hosue for several weeks and I never used it. So this whole pressing need thing is probably exaggerated.

But second, I was going to say that I'm not some crazy avid cyclist that needs to be able to get air in my tires frequently because I go biking all the time* (I'll address that one, I swear), but rather because I have TERRIBLE luck with bike tires and always have. I can never seem to keep air in my tires for more than one decent ride. The next time I go get my bike, I almost always have a low, if not flat, tire. It's not just this set of tires or even this bike for that matter. I seem to have had the same issue since I was a teen.

*In fact, I don't think I've taken a bike ride in over a year. I used to ride my bike to work periodically, but I also lived less than two miles of quiet residential streets away from my old job. I changed jobs, Sweetie moved in (and hates to ride), and I never fixed a flat, and there you have it. But now that we're in a bike-friendly area again, I really want to ride more often. I bought myself a personalized name license plate, I might invest in streamers, and I'm seriously considering saddle bags.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

The bike accoutrements sound very cool. You'll definitely need to ride more.

super des said...

Get a little bell. Not on of those big honky-horns.

Count Mockula said...

I rode, brand-new pink streamers flying, to get groceries today. I already have a bell. It's a nice big chrome one.