Thursday, May 24, 2007

Choose your own adventure (vote for my choice)

Okay, I'm SO frustrated, so I'm going to vent. Please don't feel obligated to read this.

For reference, clowns=endometrial lining, Volkswagon=cooter, circus=cycle, elephant=ovum.

Okay, so normally, during every circus, at the very beginning, a whole bunch of clowns come out of a Volkswagon. Then they stop and they hide backstage while the rest of the circus goes on. They don't come back out until the next circus.

In the last 6 weeks, here is how things have all gone Bozo:

The circus was well underway, and the elephant had even made his appearance, when suddenly the clowns started slowly appearing. It was not time for the next circus yet at all, but they just kept coming!

Then the next circus started, signalled by an enormous wave of clowns, but they never stopped. For the rest of the circus, they just kept coming out of the Volkswagon! Oh, sure, they slowed down, but there were always more clowns exiting the Volkswagon. The elephant didn't show, because he was spooked. Finally, a few days before one circus was scheduled to end and another to begin, the clowns stopped. But apparently now they're on strike, and another circus cannot begin without them! Come back, clowns! (Even though I'm rather tired of clowns, I'd like to know that a new circus is starting. This current circus is 32 days old!)

I called the infertility clinic this afternoon, and I'm embarassed to admit that my voice was shaking. I just don't know what to do. My choices are as follows -- go on birth control (to "re-set" my circus) or wait and hope.

Birth control -- Pro: I know for sure what's going on and when. No clowns for 21 days, clowns for 4-5. Then I can go in early July and get my tests done. The tests are required before I can actually SEE anyone in the infertility clinic.

Birth control -- Con: Early July! That's so far away! Oh my gosh, it would take until late July to get all the tests done, and then who knows how long after that before I could actually schedule my first appointment, and I was kind of hoping to get on the fertility train during summer, when, you know, I'm off work and NOT STRESSED. Plus, it makes the next month an absolute write-off. Taking birth control while trying to conceive is... well among other things, it's depressing.

No pill -- Pro: The new circus could theoretically start any minute. And then no June write-off, no waiting until July for tests, summer could be baby-making time, and we could all sing and dance. This is the dawning of the age of aquarius...

No pill -- Con: But what if it DOESN'T start? Then I have to take the pill anyway, but a week or two weeks or whatever later. And the cons of the birth control are multiplied, because everything is a week or two or whatever LATER.

So from what I can tell, the "no pill" option has a better pro but a worse con.

If you have actually read this, I would genuinely appreciate any opinions you could give. I don't have the foggiest idea what to do.

3 comments:

super des said...

I say wait it out. Clowns are scary, but it is a good sign (isn't it) when they come out of the VW. But only wait for like a week or 2.

-OR-

go steal a baby, and take a the pills you want.

Anonymous said...

I say take the pill for a month. "Resetting the system" has a way of working a lot of the time. I was going to try and use your analogies, but I got confused. LOL

-Anonymous Reader who posted on this subject in the past.

Count Mockula said...

Thanks Des and Anon. I did end up going on it. I sort of cheated, though, and started the pill on the Friday of the first week, so I'll only be on it for a little over two weeks before the placebo week. Hopefully it will still re-set everything.