Tuesday, May 15, 2007

WHEW! Good to know!

(I MUST STOP GOOGLING!)


A woman with constant bleeding came to the Prophet (May Allah bless him and give him peace) and asked him, "I
am a woman with constant bleeding problems so I do not ever become fully pure. Should I leave off praying
altogether?" The Prophet (May Allah bless him and give him peace) replied, No your bleeding is from a vein and
that isn't menstrual blood. So when your [real] menstrual bleeding is approaching, leave off praying and when your
[real] menstrual bleeding goes away, wash off the blood from yourself [by taking a bath for purification] and then
pray the formal prayer. Then, perform ablution for every [wajib] formal prayer until that time [for your real
menstrual bleeding] comes again."

I do wonder if the Prophet would have felt differently if it was endometrial lining? Does it make a difference if it is not from a vein? How does one know? And by the way, what open vein would be hanging out in there anyway?

I was trying to see what the world record is, and may I just suggest NOT Googling the following terms?

longest dysfunctional uterine bleeding
record dysfunctional uterine bleeding
world record bleeding
world record blood
world record menstruation
world record menstrual bleeding
Guiness record menstruation
longest uterine bleeding
world record longest bleeding


I'm sorry if this is all getting a little TMI for you guys, but I have to take it out on someone! I'm going fucking nuts! I believe this is day 31. (I know lots of people have had more than 31 days of it - just ask someone who had a bad experience with Norplant or Depo-Provera -- but I reserve the right to be a drama queen about this!)

Oh yeah, and I'm already GOING to hell, so I don't think this little bit of blasphemy is going to push me over the edge. Allahu akbar, though, just in case, right?

No comments: