Hey all,
I have about 400,000 words worth of essays to read (really) and I've put it off until 7pm on Sunday, so I won't be long here. But I had a nice relaxing weekend. Sweetie and I went to the old house to mow and found our realtor staging it for an open house Saturday. Hopefully something will come of that.
We chilled out most of yesterday. I cleaned out the garage and FINALLY got all our boxes unpacked and our stuff put away. There isn't really enough room for the books, but someday we'll have shelves built. Last night I went to a birthday party for a work friend, and it was a cute retro cocktail party theme. I drank a White Russian and two Black Russians (small ones) and ate cake and traded stories and had a good time. Her place is SUPER-CUTE. It's got a green vintage oven and cooktop, and she built on that and has a whole ultra-lounge retro theme going on, so naturally I love it. I also got to talk to a new co-worker I just met and had a good time in general.
I caught up with Gynagirl this morning. We had a yummy breakfast at Fox and Goose and a great talk. She is in a really good place right now, and I'm delighted to hear it.
I did get bad news about my ballet teacher, but it's extremely vague bad news. I'm worried about her. She's in her early 50s, but she's in a nursing home for some reason. We knew she was sick, but not how sick or with what illness. We still don't...
I guess that's about it. I finally got the rest of our art, including our stained glass, up. That feels like an accomplishment.
I'd better go plan and read essays. Oh, and don't worry: I'm reading some of the essays carefully, but about 350,000 words worth of them are journals that I'm planning to skim.
Take care,
CM
2 comments:
Wait? Is Gynagirl back already? I'm confused.
I got sacked on Friday...told you it was coming...call me I will tell you the whole sorted tale. Basically I am fucked in the butt now. FUN MOnkeygirl by the way
Post a Comment