Friday, October 20, 2006

Thank You Card


Thank You Card
Originally uploaded by miss88keys.
Awww. Sometimes you do start the day right. I had my scone, got to school and found a thank you card in my box. A student of mine from last year had asked for a recommendation letter for a scholarship, and I gave it to him Wednesday and found my card today.

Now let me tell you -- most kids don't ask me for letters until about the day before they're due. This kid asked for one in September. And I have NEVER gotten a thank you card. It was a really thoughtful one, too, and included his senior portrait. What a nice kid, huh?

5 comments:

super des said...

Sometimes being a teacher isn't all bad.

Alex Elliot said...

I'm glad that you got a thank you note, but I can't believe you haven't gotten any others!

My friend and I spent 2 hours driving yesterday to attend a friend's mother's wake. Anyhow, I told her about your post on riding the ghost whip so to past time we kept an eye out for it. We were disappointed, but also relieved :), that we didn't witness it.

Anonymous said...

I love that your kid gave you a card. It only goes further to show what a SUPER FANTASTIC WONDERFUL not only teacher but educator and role model you are. I love ya and think you are fantastic, and thank you for going to work and being a teacher when so many others aren't willing to do what you do! MONKEYGIRL

Unknown said...

Well, this just reminds me that I never sent thank you letters to the people who gave me letters of recommendations (of course, I didn't get a job either, so there's some karmic retribution).

So that kid deserves some real accolades. Shake his hand for me.

On another note on how lame I am, I put your Art Meme on my blog. I await the avalanche of art meme'ers.

Suzanne said...

It's a really cool card too. Glad that there are still kids out there who give me hope for the future.