I got a call yesterday from a bank that we have recently opened an account with. The caller identified himself, gave me my name and address, then offered to send me a credit card. I said I didn't want it and wouldn't use it. He said he'd send it to me anyway, but we never had to use it. He just needed my date of birth to confirm. He sounded so official that I gave it to him. Then he wanted my mother's maiden name. I told him I was hanging up on him and hung up.
I'm about 90% sure that he was a fake now, but at the time, he was very convincing. I've never been phished by phone before, because we've always been unlisted (I thought we still were). I'm really good at spotting the e-mail phishers, but I sort of got drawn in my this guy. Now I'm doing the Chris Farley "Stupid Stupid Stupid!"
Technically this is not Spam-related, but what a good picture, huh?
It even has the mark of the beast on it.
3 comments:
You might want to let the bank know about this, just in case.
This is why I don't answer the phone.
What a pain in the ass. Reason #644 that I am a misanthrope.
Post a Comment