Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween is fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I thought it was fairly clear I was Frida Kahlo, but I got guesses of Carmen Miranda, an Indian princess, a geisha, and a Ukranian (?). Of course, I also thought it was eminently goddamn clear the years I was Bettie Page, Twiggy, Kali, a valkyrie, and Alex from A Clockwork Orange. I don't think my costumes are obscure -- I think people are stupid.

My principal said he was a "nerdy Jewish principal." Right on. It reminded me of the year I went trick-or-treating with my friend and goddaughter. I showed up in costume, Kriste was in costume, Siobhan was in costume (the cutest little Powerpuff Girl ever), even the dog, Steve, had angel wings and a halo. But our friends Kelly and Rudy show up, Kelly in her ever-present overalls and Rudy in his work clothes. Kriste comes to the front door and hollers "Hey! It's a hillbilly and a Mexican!" I busted a gut, and it still makes me giggle. You probably had to be there.

Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

monkeygirl said...

Perhaps were you carrying a monkey, or better you had entrails flowing from you people might have got it. We are simply too cerebral for the general public.

Suzanne said...

Oh, I knew right away and thought what a perfect Frida you made.

Anonymous said...

It may have taken me a second, but I would have gotten it. I definitely would have gotten some of those others.

You look great, dahling.