Today in Spirit Week, it's Opposite Day. They suggested that you wear your clothes "inside out, backwards... whatever!" I was thinking about being a student, but didn't have a gigantic enough t-shirt, so instead I'm a boy! I'm wearing a pair of Sweetie's old army pants (seriously oversized), a polo shirt with the collar "popped," a cabbie hat, Docs, and no make-up. I tried to do shaggy emo-boy hair, but I'm not sure how well it worked, so I'm keeping the hat on. Overall, the effect is less "man" than Dykey McBulldyke, and I mean that in an affectionate way.
The kids are LOVING it, and all wanted pictures of me this morning.
Then the principal came into our meeting to ask if I would be willing to sponsor the LGSA club (Lesbian Gay Student Alliance). I said I would, but it depended on when their meetings are, because technically I already sponsor three other clubs. Jokingly (but deadpan), I asked whether it was because of how I am dressed today. He looked panicked and quickly blurted "No!" then recovered with "Not that there's anything wrong with that." I laughed at him, but then later he saw me in the hall and took me to meet the current club sponsor. We had our little conversation about how we could co-ordinate, when the meetings are, etc. and as he walked away, he turned suddenly back, walked close to us, and explained to the other gal "but it has nothing to do with how she's dressed. Today is opposite day." The other teacher then said "What, you think because she's dressed like that I thought she was a big bulldyke? Get outta here." And she shooed him away. That cracked my ass up.
As usual, that's not a photo of me -- it's whatever I could find on Flickr in order to blog undetected... If I get a picture of me, I'll post it. But in the meantime, feel free to look up "drag king" on Flickr. It's very interesting, and you also get a lot of "lesbians bellydancing."
No comments:
Post a Comment