Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Modesto, real estate, Blockbuster

I'm going to Modesto tomorrow for a meeting with the Renaissance Society, which has nothing to do with funny costumes. It's some sort of incentive program for schools. So I have no idea why I'm still up at 10:20, since I have to be at school at 6:30 tomorrow. Sigh.

I e-mailed the real estate agent we used to buy our new house in the hopes that he can sell our old one. I've been fairly unhappy with our old agent, and I'm looking forward to our contract being up in 2 weeks. I know the market is slow and perhaps any agent would have had trouble selling the house in a market like this, but I kind of suspect our agent had an EXTRA-hard time. She's kind of weird.

And finally -- I hate Blockbuster. I really do. I don't even know why I have a membership, other than that I don't know where the hell else to rent movies and I do occasionally need to rent movies faster than I can Netflix them. I've been teaching stage make-up to my drama classes, and I had to come up with a sup plan, so I thought I'd show "A Midsummer Night's Dream," since it has some good makeup, and I also have a student who's chosen Nick Bottom as the character he's studying for this unit. Not there. So I try Cyrano for the same reasons. Not there. So I try several other Shakespeare plays, because even if the makeup's not there, several of the kids are doing Shakespeare characters. I try Hamlet, Macbeth, The Taming of the Shrew, even Shakespeare in Love. No. I start randomly browsing the shelves for any movie that has makeup in it or was based on a play, ever. Blockbuster blows.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ah, but they do have censored versions of current films. Sigh.