Monday, December 24, 2007

If you're the grinch, I'm Cindy Lou Who

Round about this time of year, I head a lot of people start talking about how much they hate the holidays, how stress-inducing it is, how it's lost all meaning, how they hate the commercialism, etc. Sometimes these folks describe themselves as Grinch-like. I don't think they are. I certainly wouldn't accuse them of having hearts two sizes too small. I know there are a lot of really good reasons for people to be a little down around the holidays. In fact, I sympathize so much that I sort of feel guilty when I tell you this: I LOVE the holidays. We have decorated the house, I have baked and made candy, I have bought and made and wrapped presents, I have listened to Christmas music... I love it. Allow me to share some of this year's goodness.


Here is our gorgeous tree, complete with Marvin the Martian star.


I'm crazy about this year's paper.


You've already seen the nutcrackers, but now the stockings are hung by the chimney with care. Yes, there are only two people living here, but there are the Lankees to consider, and Mina, and I got a new stocking as a gift this year...

We have already gotten several presents for the-baby-who-will-not-make-her-debut-until-March.


We are pretty sure this is a handmade-by-Grandma quilt, but we're going to call tomorrow and find out for sure. Cool, huh?




These are called Babylegs -- they're legwarmers for babies. They allow easier diaper changes, warm babies, and some knee padding for crawlers. And they're cool.


Now I have to get ready for breakfast! Happy holidays, yo! Even to the grinches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY LANKEE-MAS!!!! MG

Alex Elliot said...

Merry Christmas! Since deciding that we are going to do fondue for Christmas dinner, I'm really looking forward to it!