Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm just glad...


what not to wear
Originally uploaded by Pearlie Pet.
these people aren't following me around this week. In case you're not a TV watcher, these folks are Stacey and Clinton, hosts of "What Not to Wear." And in fact, if they WERE following me around, they might decide I need $5,000 for a new wardrobe, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Suffice to say, I didn't want to wear my pinstripe pants today and I wore my gray pants yesterday and the khaki ones don't go with this sweater, so I thought that the black velvet ones might be festive. What I forgot or didn't realize until I was already at work is that they are really, really short. So I'm sort of re-thinking the stripey pink socks with the argyle sweater. Because now you can see the socks REALLY WELL. It's my fault. I was going to say it wasn't, but it is. See, I have long legs, so I pretty much KNOW I need to by the "tall" pants, but I never do. I try pants on with bare feet, they fit nicely, then I wear them with SHOES, and I'm taller and the pants are too short. (I know Monkeygirl is playing her tiny violin for me, since she has the opposite problem and has to get all her pants hemmed.)
Oh and also? Those people in the photo are all about pointy little heels, but my classroom is about 1/4 mile from the office, so I wear my sensible Doc Marten Mary Janes, and I'm happy.

Interestingly, I've been meaning to blog about my interview for the school newspaper. A student asked me if she could interview me, set up a time, and came over with a list of questions that apparently the newspaper class had brainstormed together. One of the later questions is "Can you tell us about your style?" I laugh, and say "Uh, do I have a style?" She looks at me very seriously and says "well, the newspaper class thinks you do." Flattery will get you everywhere, my dear!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Your style is about 100 times more appealing to me than the styles they shill on "What Not to Wear." That journalism kid has a good eye and a bright future ahead of her.