Friday, January 26, 2007

Mosemite, here I come!

Er, I mean, Yosemite. So, I went on the Yosemite trip last year and on two Point Reyes trips this year (not to mention a few day trips here and there). I know I'm a good camper, a reliable chaperone, and one of the only women who will regularly agree to go on camping trips. (I don't know why, and it's not a statement about anything, but it is much easier to get male chaperones for camping trips). Anyway, this year I have to take a computer class on Thursday nights, and I know from the last time I tried to sign up that you have to have 100% attendance -- you can't miss any classes. Well, last year we left for Yosemite on a Thursday (which is why I cancelled the class, actually). Anyway, I talked to the lead teacher this morning because I wanted to let him know I wouldn't be available for the trip if we went on a Thursday. I know that seems kind of presumptuous, like "I know you need me, so I'm letting you know in advance." But in fact, he was glad to know, and said he was thinking about going on Friday instead and returning Monday. So it all works out.

I also got an ego boost from the kids this morning. I've known for months that I was going to have a student teacher take over my 2nd period class in the second semester. I've introduced her to them, she's done a lesson with them, she's there a lot sitting in the class, and we've told them several times what's happening. But for some reason it apparently sunk in today, and the kids were shocked. Like "Are you serious? You're not going to teach us anymore? Where are you going? Why are you doing this to us? She's not going to be as much fun!" Anyway, I'm sure that a few weeks into it, they'll be like "Miss Mock-who?" But whatever, it was cute.

I guess that's all today. I have an appointment with a physical trainer at the gym this afternoon, because I haven't done it in a long time and I want to evaluate my workout routine, especially since I have some goals for ballet, and there are some muscle groups I really want to strengthen. Then I got invited to Tapas with some of the young teachers, which is flattering and might also be fun. (By the way, am I SO OLD that being invited out with the 24-25 year olds is flattering? Sad.)

2 comments:

super des said...

I like how you get to take all these fun trips to places that I moved away from, so I can live vicariously through you.

If you want, you can experience NYC through me.

Anonymous said...

Except for the 42 year old guy, all the people in my writing group are 26 and younger, and it kills me.