Monday, January 22, 2007

People are weird

I made a late run to the grocery store today for a bunch of stuff we needed. I had been in my robe, so I threw on a sweatsuit. The bag boy asked "So, did you just come from the gym?" "Um, no." I guess he was probably tipped off by my rippled abs.

I got to the checkout and put my cloth tote bag in the bagging area. Then I start dealing with the payment stuff. Well, the checker tells me my total, I approve it, then I start helping bag (because my tote seems to throw all baggers for a loop). The checker then looks at my bag and says "Oh! Did you want the bag credit?" I put on my best vacant hippie look and voice and say "Naw, I just do it for the Earth, man." He laughs, but it apparently reminds him to tell the guy on the next lane something. "Hey Albert," he says "That woman who needed the ten cent refund? It was for bag credits. That's why I did the ten cent refund." Well, it was pretty clear to me that what had happened was something like with me -- the total was figured before he noticed her bags, so he just gave her a dime after it was all done. But in the meantime, the guy behind me in line has started to look a little disturbed and pipes up "I'd like mine as a credit!" Okay dude, I think they can handle it...

No comments: