Monday, January 08, 2007

"Little Children"

We went and saw the movie "Little Children." I would highly recommend it. It was so interesting to see characters that were written and performed with such complexity. I mean, the two main characters made bad decisions for the wrong reasons almost constantly, but that didn't mean they weren't appealing, or didn't have chemistry together. I also loved the effect of the narration. It worked really well to call attention to the movie-ness of it, and the sort of sociological aspects. There's a really telling scene with a book group, some funny stuff. (Although I must say that during a scene when I child sexual predator goes swimming at a pool, there was laughing in the audience as everyone got out of the pool. I wasn't sure what was funny, other than maybe the over(?)reaction...)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I have been eager to read the book, too. I heard the book is great and that they changed the ending in the movie.